Advertisement for the position of the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
CHURCH FORUM ON HIV AND AIDS
Church Forum on HIV and AIDS is a non-profit organisation that coordinates HIV and AIDS programmes implemented by churches and faith-based organisations in Swaziland. Its mission is to champion the Christian HIV and AIDS response through coordinated and comprehensive integrated strategies at National, Regional and Local Church level. The Church Forum invites applications from suitable and qualified candidates for the position of the Executive Director who will lead the organisation to the fulfilment of its vision and mandate.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
a. Ensure that the Church Forum implements its strategic plan to achieve its objectives within deadlines
b. Represent the Church Forum to government, development partners, regional bodies and the general public
c. Be responsible for the general administration, recruitment and retention of personnel in terms of the Church Forum’s conditions of service
d. Drive fundraising activities to ensure that adequate funds are available to enable the organisation to carry out its aims and objectives
e. Ensure preparations and submission of reports required by local government and donor agencies
f. Establish working relationships and cooperate arrangement with member churches/organisation, strategic partners, donor agencies and the other relevant organisations
Academic Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Theology, Social Sciences or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in managerial or leadership position in ecumenical and nongovernmental organisations
- Experience of working in the HIV and AIDS response and sound understanding of the role of the church in ending AIDS in eSwatini.
- Experience working with the eSwatini Christian community and a commitment to ecumenism with an understanding of the issues confronting the ecumenical movement in eSwatini and around the world
- Ability to relate well to senior leadership in government, church organisations and faith communities, civil society and international partners.
- Experience in organisational management particularly in the nongovernmental sector and experience in fundraising skills.
- Church Affiliation is a requirement
- Valid Driver’s Licence
Contact details below:
Church Forum On HIV and AIDS,
Tenbergen Street, Plot 525, Coates Valley, Manzini
| P. O. Box 5924, Manzini
Tel: 2505 7035